Saturday, September 27, 2008

Olmo.



Many months back I purchased a NOS Olmo frame from a particular internet action site. With a hideous colour and decal set, as well as a few paint chips and scratches, I decided to get it stripped and powder coated. After that I ordered some reproduction vintage decals from CycleMondo.

I was super impressed with the paint job and the decals, so all that was left to do was to get back onto the net and order some new juicy bits, then spend a night in the workshop swapping parts off the Wilier and creating a new monster.



This is what I woke up to the next morning.





Frame: Olmo, Dedacciai - CrMo Acciaio Legato Tubing (yes I know it has Columbus stickers, but they look so cool) Made in Italy.
Groupset:Campagnolo Centaur, '06 and '08 mixture. (With Campagnolo Daytona Brakes).
Wheels:Easton Vista.
Saddle:Fizik Pave.
Seat Pin: Campagnolo.
Headset: FSA (Will be Campag when I find one).
Stem:Nitto - Pearl 8, 90mm.
Pedals: Crank Bros.
Bar Tape:Fizik.
Tyres:Continental GP4000.
Bottle Cages:Elite Inox (48gms) as used by Chipo.



Took her on her maiden voyage today. I wouldn't race her, but I would ride her all day. So comfortable, the only way I can describe it is that it feels as though I dropped my tyre pressure by 20 PSI. More to come.....